Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Big Boy!

As I was adding the post about Alivia I thought I should write one about Jaxon too as he is becoming so grown up and doing so many things I am so proud of.
Just on Tuesday Jaxon started Tot Soccer through the township. A friend of mine put her little guy into it and so I thought Jaxon would enjoy it too. It's lots of fun to watch him run around with other kids and kick the soccer ball around, it's also fun (but somewhat frustrating) to see how well he listens to someone who isn't Mommy! It's a nice time for me too as I get to chat with other mommies while we watch our boys.

Jaxon has been a wonderful big brother lately (for the most part) he loves to give Alivia her bottle now and sits and holds it for her. If she's upset or crying he tries to make her laugh by playing "peek a boo" and they do giggle together a lot! He does however also like to pester her or push her over, put toys on her head, take toys away... you know the usual 2 year old behaviours.

One thing I find quite funny is how much he copies Alivia and her behaviours, I never suspected it to go this way, always assuming the younger one would just copy the older one. I guess he sees our reaction to her new accomplishments or funny noises and he wants to copy her to get the same reaction. When she first started standing at the couch we would be so excited and smile and praise her, Jaxon would stand holding on to the couch too, which was funny because obviously he can. That being said though for the most part he thinks he's WAY older than he actually is and wants to also do EVERTHING Daddy does. He loves to work outside with Daddy, yard work, working on the cars, anything. He took Jordans keys the other day, climbed into the pathfinder put the keys into the ignition and started the car- Jordan was outside, and our car is standard, but it was still quite shocking (he was very proud of himself). If Mommy and Daddy use a knife at dinnertime he needs a knife too and has to cut his own food.
He's become much more independant in his playing and getting very imaginitive which is so fun to watch. He LOVES his cars and motorcycles and drives them around the house, going to Daddy's work, Oma's house or the zoo.
His vocabulary is so fun to hear as well, as he tries to talk all the time and put together really loooooong sentences that sometimes don't make sense. He has just started to call Alivia "Veevee" which is so sweet but it sounds so similiar to "baby" what he used to call her just up until about a week ago, sometimes it's hard to know what he is saying.
That's all I can think about right now, it's so fun to watch him grow up and learn and take everything in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! you have him in soccer?! I'd love to hear more about that! And kids often listen better to others than to their mothers. It's nice and annoying at the same time!! He's such a fun big brother! And "Veevee" is SO cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I LOVE "Veevee" too! Ya I signed him up for Tot Soccer with the township of langley, it was like $35 for 8 classes. Nothing serious, just getting them used to the idea of listening to someone else and keeping their minds on something for more than 2 seconds! It's pretty funny to watch!

    ReplyDelete