Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Festivities

I don't know how time gets away from me so quickly, we were pretty busy last week but mostly just sick, the kids both had/ have a cough and runny noses, Jaxon had a fever one night and was up for 3 hours. It's hard to distinguish the days from each other with nights like that.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday with my mom's side of the family, yummy turkey dinner and all the fixings. On Monday we had Jordan's parents and Conrad and Cori to our place for dinner, it was nice to spend time together. Over the weekend we're always busy working outside when it's nice-

Me and Jaxon made these cute pine cone turkeys for the occasion


and we also made these turkey cupcakes.

We did the letter C, "C is for Caterpillar" we then made caterpillars out of egg cartons- they're pretty cute. Other than that we unfortunately didn't do any other crafts.


I say WE didn't but I did, I have started a new "business" endeavour making hairbands and clips with different types of fabric flowers. It seems every stay at home mom is doing this these days to make some extra cash so we'll see how it goes- maybe someone will like my flowers more than the next persons! I totally enjoy making them though and find it relaxing to have an activity of my own that I can work on during nap times or when Daddy comes home and takes over. Here are some ideas that I've been working on they can go on a a clip or a headband:




I guess I didn't do many activities with Jaxon because I was using all my energy for my activities- I also started to teach myself how to crochet in hopes to make cute headbands or baby booties!

A highlight of last week was going to Aldor Acres to visit the pumpkin patch. This year we went with our wonderful friends, I really enjoyed it and I think the kids did too! We had a beautiful sunny fall afternoon, got to see all the farm animals and cute baby animals and go on a hay ride to pick out our pumpkins! Here are some pictures




Jaxon only has 3 more swimming lessons left, he's been doing so well and totally loves it- he's definitely a little fish. He's started to use 'Mine' and 'My' but mostly referring to people- he calls Alivia 'My Baby' or asks where 'My Daddy' is or 'My Mommy'. He's been really challenging lately, pushing his limits and seeing what he can get away with, I find if I set aside time when Alivia naps that we do something with just the 2 of us it helps his whole day go more smoothly, it also helps if he can get outside and spend time with Daddy.

Alivia's still working on her teeth, her first one just started showing the other day and has now come through! Her newest feat is standing in her own, she will climb up on my leg and then stand all on her own! Today she was standing for about 10 seconds- it's so funny though because she doesn't try to move he feet she just plops down or falls forward. She's also started making soooo many sounds and it really seems like she tries to copy words we say. Last week my mom was 'talking' to Alivia and telling her to say 'MOM', she copied it perfectly and will say Mom in the cutest way. Today we were talking to Jordan on the phone and I was getting Jaxon to say bye, then I said Alivia say bye to Daddy and she says 'BUH', it definitely sounded like an attempt at Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your turkey crafts!! So cool.
    Maria loved them too. When we went to my moms for thanksgiving she kept looking around for something and I couldn't figure it out! She thought Oma's turkey would be made out of pine cones like yours!! Not that it would be in the oven. So boring! hahaha.
    And I LOVE your hair clips! I should come by and see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny about Maria, your kids have the greatest imaginations!
    I have even more clips and headbands I've been working on, it's actually a little bit crazy but i totally enjoy it, hoping to make a facebook page soon

    ReplyDelete