Hard to believe the month of December is almost half over but it's even harder to believe that Hudson is almost 21 months old! Only 3 months until my baby will be 2, it's such a surreal feeling and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Looking back at the past 21 months I can't even remember parts of it (to be honest there are months I hardly remember) except for the pictures that trigger the memories and there are parts I don't want to remember, and there are parts I wish I could go back to and enjoy all over again.
Just this morning I was reading with the kids and we read this story from the book "Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing" by Sally Lloyd-Jones.
It is titled 'On Purpose'
Did you just end up here on earth? Was it all an accident?
The Bible says it wasn't a mistake or an accident it was a plan.
You didn't just end up here. God put you here on purpose.
God wanted you here, and he had to have you here right now. Because he has a wonderful plan for you- something that only you can do.
Everything single thing about you- the colour of your eyes, your name, what you love, every day you will live- God knew before time began.
Even before you were born, he loved you.
You began in God's heart.
You are his. Made by him. Made for him.
"You saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me... before I was one day old."
PSALM 139:16
This truth is something I always knew and have always believed but it really touched me as I thought about my sweet Hudson boy (and of course my other children too), but when I was pregnant with Hudson and had 2 young children people would always ask if Hudson was an accident? I always replied that he wasn't planned (he was a big surprise) but I never believed he was an accident because just as the Bible says, God doesn't make mistakes and nobody is an accident.
It is so exciting to think about these 3 children of mine, who they will be as they grow, what they will become and what God has in store for there lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment