Monday, August 19, 2013

An Update for August

It's so hard for me to remember these crazy days lately, they're not even super jam packed but the craziness of my business seems to consume my mind even when I'm not working and it's hard to keep one day straight from another. It's been forever since I've blogged so trying to catch up before we go camping for a week on Saturday.
Last week Thursday and Friday (the 8th and 9th) we were busy, busy building the deck. Thursday Conrad and Robbie came out and then Chris came in the evening and made some good progress. Friday Robbie came back again and helped all day.



Proof that I helped too, even using power tools!


Friday night we had a party for Jordan's hockey team to wrap up the year, great food, familiar faces and the kids had new friends to play with. We went home and put the kids to bed around 9, then headed to Chris and Erin's to celebrate Chris' birthday.
Saturday was another day of deck building as we wanted to have it finished for Saturday evening, but that just didn't work out, in the end it didn't even matter.
So Saturday evening we had a party at our place for Conrad for finishing his schooling and PDP to become a teacher. Cori invited his friends and family and surprised him with a great BBQ, complete with live music him and some friends played and a campfire to end it off. Jaxon LOVED all the instruments, especially Conrad's drums and he also sang an awesome 'rap' song he made up while Uncle Conrad gave him the beat. Alivia and Hudson even got in on the musical musings playing around on the key board. We brought out glow sticks and sparklers for the kids too. Jaxon stayed up until midnight dancing and singing and playing the night away!





I know it's super blurry, but these 2 are just super cute- Alivia LOVES her Daddy!
This past week the deck was put on hold as Jordan still has to fix up the truck so we can take it camping on the 24th. I did spend a morning washing and cleaning the inside of the camper while Grace watched the kids. We then went for a special bike ride to Krause with Grandma to get a treat!






Later in the afternoon we then washed the outside of the camper as it was all covered in green stuff. It's always amazing what a little elbow grease can do!
Wednesday we spent the morning at Williams Park with our friends, having fun on the playground and having some time splashing around at the creek.
We also took a trip to the library last week and got a whole new pile of books to work through.

This past weekend was spent getting ready for camping again, Jordan still working on the truck and finding new problems that need to be fixed. Praying everything will come together for Saturday and we can completely enjoy a week off! We also celebrated our 6th Anniversary on Saturday, it's so amazing to see how much has happened and how much we have been blessed over 6 years of marriage. I never could have imagined that we would already have 3 children (especially since Jordan always talked about waiting 5 years before having kids! I feel so thankful to be married to my best friend and that I get to be by his side, raising our children and having fun along the way. We had a bit of a different anniversary this year as our regular baby sitters (Oma and Grandma) were both out of town. We put the kids to bed at 7, then I went and got White Spot for dinner and Blizzard's for dessert, came home and we enjoyed a quiet meal while watching a movie. We also were a little sentimental and watched some of our movies from our trip to Europe!

I'm so bad for remembering cute things the kids say and never write it down but this week I actually have a couple...

Alivia calls letters ABC's, so when we're reading she points to the different letters asking 'which ABC is this Mommy?'

Jaxon and Alivia play 'house' ALL the time lately, he's sometimes Daddy and then she's 'the kid' or she's Mommy and he's baby. I absolutely LOVE hearing them play together and the stories they create or the places they go.

Hudson seems to be growing up in a hurry, there are some things he does that just completely shock me. He always sits at the table for breakfast now and does amazingly well eating out of a bowl without spilling, the other morning I gave the kids cereal, he ate it all then drank the milk from his bowl and didn't spill! How old are you anyways? It was too funny!

Alivia uses quite big words sometimes and it sounds so cute with a little 2 year old voice! She says amazing, 'oh my', delicious, wonderful!

Diving into another week already, hope yours is a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun update! I love that first pic of Hudson and the one of Alivia with the ice cream. Your kids are so cute. I hope your mind can settle a little after your epic give away month for your business. It does seen stressful! I hope you have a super fun time camping. I always love distraction free time away with my family! Even if it does also seem to mean sleep free ;) ah well. One day the kids will be grown up and we'll miss these days!
    See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete