Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A is for Alivia

It's been far too long since I've been the creative mom I used to be, and I was really missing it. Jordan and I made the decision to homeschool Jaxon starting in September so I also have to get myself used to teaching and doing activities with them again.
So we started at the beginning, back to the letter A but this time focussing on Alivia.
She blew me away with how well she was printing the first time.



The kids coloured a worksheet with an A and an alligator.


We did a little craft with foam apples glued to a paper (ok not super creative but better than nothing)

We also did a super simple worksheet that was an apple tree and each apple had a different letter on it. I told Jaxon and Alivia to find a letter and then they had to stamp it with the bingo marker. Jaxon knew all of his letters already but again I was so surprised by how many Alivia was able to recognize. 'Super Why' has been good for something.

Since Jaxon's already done his letters and is a whiz at them we've been working on numbers, he recognizes most of them so we're working on printing them. In some way i can see homeschooling being a breeze for him as he whips through these worksheets and just wants to do the next one.

This week we also got out for a couple walks and since Alivia is now 3 and is a pro on the balance bike we tried her out on the 2 wheeler with pedals. She did pretty great for her first try, and keeps asking every day to do it again. Of course Hudson has to keep up, not quite 2 and he was out on the balance bike, loving it!!


I gave all the kids a hair cut, finally cut off all Hudson's summer bleached hair... and what a different boy he looks like now! He went from baby to toddler in an instant



Someone's been practicing their printing (it's hard to see but he had written all the kids names on the paper)


No comments:

Post a Comment