Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day!

I think I was much more excited about Father's Day this year than I was for Mother's Day. I had come up with some great gifts and some wonderful ways to spoil my hubby that I knew he'd love I couldn't wait for the day to come! I had been preparing the kids (mostly Jaxon) that it would be Father's Day soon and just like I got to choose our 'activities' on Mother's Day Daddy would get to choose the activities he wanted to do on Father's Day. I asked Jaxon what he thought Daddy would want to do, and he said 'work on the truck!'. For those who don't know about Jordan's truck, he bought it in the fall and had to tow it home with my Dad's pick up and uncle's trailer because... it didn't run! My hubby loves projects! So every night after the kids are in bed he's out there working on it, and on weekends he'll usually spend a good part of the day out in his workshop and either Jaxon or Alivia or both will be helping him. We also discussed gifts that Daddy would love and Jaxon was pretty adamant that Daddy needed a puppy for Father's Day, sorry Jordan no puppy this year!
I did take a picture of each of the kids with a letter to spell DAD, and LOVE how they turned out, I then got them printed and hung them in the office.
Framed and hung in the office

Jaxon also drew this awesome card for Jordan and I had a little questionnaire I asked too

We started off the morning by letting Daddy sleep in and making him some french toast, and of course gf (gluten free) pancakes for Liv, which everyone ended up loving.


We then gave Daddy a few other gifts to open



Daddy and the older 2 kids then went outside to work on the truck for a bit, when Hudson woke up from his nap we then went to Aldergrove Regional Park (used to be the lake but is now filled in) had a picnic lunch then went for a bike ride on the trails. Alivia sat in the seat on my bike and Jordan pulled the boys in the trailer, there were some very unexpected and steep hills that we had to get off the bikes and push them up, much more of a workout than I anticipated!

Used to be the lake but it now an open field







pit stop to blow bubbles and have a snack



We then came home after about 3 hours of fun in the sun Alivia and Jaxon fell asleep in the van so Jordan took a nap outside. A little while later Jaxon woke up and then just went and laid with Daddy and fell ack asleep, love this picture... like father like son

We had a fun family BBQ at our place, Mom and Dad, Rob, Andy and Mya and Bill and Grace came over, we had so much yummy food, and ice cream cake to celebrate Rob's birthday (which was 2 days ago) and lots of fun playing together.












So thankful my kids have such an amazing Daddy who loves to be with them! Happy Father's Day Jordan!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post!
    Such a fun Fathers Day and so cool that most of your family could be there. The DAD pictures you did with the kids are BRILLIANT! So much personality in each of those pics. Though, I have to say the one of Jaxon is my favorite :D
    You're yard is looking so great!! How exciting and such a huge blessing :)

    ReplyDelete