Tile Coasters
These were for the most part very simple and they turned out beautifully. I picked up some 4x4 ceramic tiles from Home Depot, cut scrapbook paper to the right dimensions then put them on with modge podge. Once I had done about 4 or so layers of modge podge they were finished with 3 or so coats of a clear acrylic spray paint (which my wonderful hubby did since he did not want me breathing in the fumes with baby on the way). On the bottom I put little felt tabs to protect the surface they will be used on! I think this would also be great to do with photos (which I thought of after the fact) Here is the end result:
Here's the blog with instructions if you want to make your own!
Handprint Snowman Ornaments
Very similar to the salt dough ornaments I did for myself we made these ornaments with the kids for the grandparents. Dipping their hands in white paint then pressing onto the ornament, once dried I drew snowman on each finger. I also added a cute poem that I think finished it off perfectly! The grandparents both loved them- a wonderful keepsake.
The poem says,
"These are 5 little snowmen as anyone can see.
I made them with my handprint which is a part of me.
Every day I'm growing and I'll be grown someday,
But these 5 little snowmen will never melt away"
Knotted Crochet Headband
I gave a couple friends my new headband which I have already featured on my blog, but here it is again in case you forgot!
Wall Decor
This project I made for my mom, I absolutely love how it looks but it was VERY time consuming! Each rose I made by hand using ribbon, then arranged them on the canvas I had previously painted. Adding the word family to it, it will be a lovely addition to her living room!
If you want to make your own there is the blog I got the idea from with instructions!

I love all these projects!
ReplyDeleteCool idea about the coasters - they turned out so cool! I agree about the photos - that would be a super idea! well done.
The little hand print ornaments are so awesome! I love that idea! I want to make ornaments every year with the kids but I think that for my (then) 6 year old I'll need to get my hands on some bigger ornaments! Maria loved that idea :)
And that project you did for your mom is amazing! i love it! what a great idea :)