Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crocheting Craziness

A couple months ago as I started to check out pinterest and see all these cool projects people were crocheting, I decided I would teach myself to crochet. I came across headbands I could sell in my shop and now it's a bit of an obsession- once the kids are asleep for the night, or napping during the day I pull out my yarn, crochet hook and patterns and crochet for a couple hours! I really enjoy it and love creating these cool unique items. Just wanted to share some of my recent projects.

My first big project is this double crocheted infinity scarf- SO warm and SO cozy! I wear it all the time, now I just need it in COLOURS! Also thinking of selling these in my shop but we'll see. It's kinda hard to see the detail as it's black but you get the idea, and I had someone ask me if i got it from the Netherlands as they had friends who were just there and these scarves are all the rage right now... look at me being so trendy without even knowing it!


This was my first hat that I made, it should fit a newborn- my stitches are a bit sloppy and uneven but after a little practice I could get it... I think it's super cute.


I also made this new headband for my shop, thinking crocheted flowers would be difficult, I can't believe how easy they are.


The next project I tried was this earwarmer/ headband... this one definitely went awry and I will have to figure out how to fix it, it started out the right size but I think I added some stitches in somewhere and now it is way too loose, practice, practice, practice! I will give you the link to this one as I am not taking a picture of mine... but will definitely be trying it again.

Here are my first pair of baby booties! They of course aren't perfect, but again I thought it would be much more difficult than it was. Can't wait to whip up a few pairs for myself and friends who are also having babies!

These ones don't actually have the bow attached but I thought it looks super cute- oh the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. Angela!
    this is some pretty fantastic work here!! your scarf looks SUPER warm and comfy. I'd for sure try and sell them! They're accessories, right?
    what kind of wool do you use? just regular?
    the hat and headband are so great, too! Love the flower! The booties are ADORABLE!! I LOVE the bows! you are so talented!!
    cool post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle!
    I'm definitely loving all my little projects and am somewhat surprised how well they have turned out. The scarf I used quite a thick yarn it was called 'Wool-Ease Thick & Quick' I think by Lion Brand.
    And i love the booties too!

    ReplyDelete