An exciting new year is upon us with some big milestones ahead, but I would like to reflect on 2011 and remember all the great memories we made!
A year in review...
We started off the year as a new family of four, my wonderful husband and 2 healthy beautiful children who I adore so much! We made a lot of great memories this year, Jaxon turned 2 and was soon potty trained after that, we moved into our new place which is so wonderful to have the freedom and space for the kids. We spent MANY summer days outside in the pool, and growing our own garden, we got to enjoy the beach a lot too. We had a family reunion with the Tolkamps (Jordans mom's family). Me and the kids went to my aunt and uncles cabin for a week with my parents. Conrad and Cori got married and it was so fun to be apart of their special day. Jordan and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We found out we were expecting our third baby! We went camping for a week to Westbank, which was a great family holiday. We took many trips to the zoo which Jaxon loves. We also went to science world, the pumpkin patch, and the bird sanctuary. Jaxon took swimming lessons and did tot soccer, I started my own business making hair accessories. We got to enjoy Christmas traditions and family time and of course Alivia turned ONE!!
Here's a little slideshow of our year in pictures (it is about 14 minutes long... hard to cut down on pictures when you take thousands, click on the link and you'll go to youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whmL4_8WHgg
A few things I'm thankful for...
I'm so very thankful for my husband- I know I have already written how thankful I am for him before but I could write everyday how thankful I am for him and it wouldn't be enough! Not only does he go to work every day so I can stay home with our kids but he comes home from work and plays with the kids to give me a break, he then works on our vehicles (the main one right now being our minivan) and does it all without complaint! He also is building me a website for my new business to top it all off! Oh, and he puts up with me everyday and amuses my crazy ideas to start my own business! I'm so thankful for the life we get to share together, and all the blessings we have- the biggest blessings being our beautiful healthy children!
I am also thankful for my children all 2, almost 3 of them. Never could I have imagined how motherhood would be, and how much love I could have! Of course there are days where I don't think I can handle them another hour, but then bedtime comes and a new day starts- sometimes though bedtime comes and goes and that's when exhaustion sets in.
I love their personalities- Jaxon really loves to entertain and be funny. Just last night after dinner he put one of his socks on his hand and used it as a puppet to say 'Thank you mommy for dinner'. Then he proceeded to Thank you to Daddy, Alivia and Jaxon (yes himself), by this point he had Alivia giggling and me and Jordan laughing so he carried on and said Thank you to any inanimate object his eyes came across, all while moving his hand inside the sock. This carried on for a good 5 minutes, everyone laughing the whole time!
Alivia also seems to like to be a goof, making faces and mimicking funny sounds or noises. Her latest thing is giving kisses, however, if you don't want an open mouth kiss from a 1 year old don't ask her for one! She also loves her baby doll, she picks it up and gives it hugs and carries it around with her. She's also got some pretty good dance moves, as soon as she hears music she starts bopping and bouncing around!
I'm excited to meet our new little baby and see what kind of personality it will become!
So excited for all that 2012 has to offer, looking forward to another wonderful year!
No comments:
Post a Comment