Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Pregnancy Update

This post might not be super exciting for most but seeing as I have these thoughts in my head and I don't keep a journal this is where I am writing them down. Bear with me!

On Yesterday I hit 30 weeks in my 3rd pregnancy, only 10 weeks to go... but obviously hoping for a little bit less. I had an appointment with my midwife today, which I always enjoy- getting to hear baby's heartbeat (which was 150) and just chatting about this upcoming baby. I'm measuring a week ahead of my due date, which makes sense to me because according to 'my' dates as to when I got pregnant I would be at 31 weeks, after my ultrasound they put me a week back. The babies head is already down, and just like my other 2 pregnancies I have pretty bad cramping/ pain in my ribs as my little babies like to jab and kick them with their feet!
This pregnancy is definitely my hardest so far, most likely because I was only not pregnant for about 5 months before getting pregnant again and I'm also chasing after 2 very busy little ones every day. I have pain and soreness in places I didn't knew existed before they were sore, thankfully sleeping is still mostly comfortable, and I've been trying to get out for a walk with the kids if it's not raining- even if I am sore it somehow seems to help.
My pregnancy dreams are something wild this time around, I remember having weird and vivid dreams with both my other pregnancies but this time around I wake up thinking good thing that was just a dream, I usually don't remember many details but am just thankful it didn't actually happen. Last night, I had a dream we had our new baby and no one would let me see her- yes it was a girl and her name was Olivia (don't worry that name is not on the list). Finally I went to see her, she was completely purple/ blue like Violet from Willy Wonka, and she had 6 toes on each foot, that's all I remember- of course I woke up thinking thank goodness that was just a dream!! I am now quite convinced I am having a girl- the reason.. when I was pregnant with Jaxon I had a dream that I was holding a tiny baby boy, he didn't have a name yet but he was a boy. With Alivia it was a bit weirder, in my dream I was pregnant but the skin on my belly could lift up without pain and I could check on my little baby inside my tummy, in my dream the baby was a girl! Not that this holds any truth but we'll see if my weird dream is right again.
As much as I love the holidays I am thankfully they are over and all the delicious food and treats that I cannot resist eating are a thing of the past- I have no self control when it comes to yummy food. I say this because I was doing really well with my weight gain and it was the least of all my pregnancies, then Christmas hit and I gained about 15 pounds in 6 weeks... YIKES! I am back on track and have only gained about 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks!
I am a little nervous for the delivery of course as I know what to expect, but if it's anything like my labour and delivery with Alivia it should be over before I know it!! I'm super excited however because we are planning a home birth... Yes, I am planning to deliver at HOME! Most people hear that and are very apprehensive, and skeptical, which in our society is understandable as it is not very common. For me it just feels like the right thing to do and something I really want and am really looking forward to, I didn't have a bad experience in the hospital or anything like that, I just remember thinking with Alivia- why am I in here I just want to go home and be a family. I have had 2 completely uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries so the likelihood of this one having complications are VERY low. I have a wonderful team of midwives who I trust completely and have done many home births before, Jordan is still a little anxious about the idea, he worries for the baby and for me. I haven't told many people or talked about it much because I feel like I immediately need to be defensive and 'argue' my case, but I am very excited about our plan and cannot be persuaded- Jordan has tried a few times!
Now that this has been the longest rant ever, if you're still reading this thanks for bearing with me!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the update :) I'm always interested in anything you have to post :) you look great btw. Such a beautiful pregnant momma. And you're doing great with the other munchkins :)
    That's big about the home birth! Wow! I know a couple people that had a home birth and loved it! And I have to admit that being home right after and resting in my own bed after sounds so amazing! I wish you all the very best and it's comforting also to know you're really not far from the hospital at all. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about your experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for always reading! and always being so encouraging, I love reading your updates too, it seems like i still see you all the time even if it's been a couple weeks! but it is always nice to get together of course!!
    and yes, super excited for a home birth, baby just has to stay in till 37 weeks! so that's my goal, not that i can really do much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your updates :) and I can't help but comment. I feel like I know all about what you've been up to too and I like that and you do the same for me :)
    That makes sense about being 37 weeks and makes me feel better. Which date are they making you go by? I sure hope baby stays put long enough for you to experience that. I hope baby takes after Jaxon and not early bird Alivia! Do they have any requirements for you to have an in home birth?
    And does the midwife come for the 24 hour tests? I've never really wanted one but I'm curious to learn more. But I'll see you soon :) have a great day!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're making me go by the 21 of March which makes me kind of nervous that I won't get a home birth, so I'm definitely hoping for the 37 week mark- which would be february 29!! Not really any requirements, as long as you've had a low risk pregnancy and for me i've also had 2 previous low risk pregnancies and deliveries. Ya, the midwives will do everything that would normally be done in hospital, they will even come for a couple weeks to do check-ups (like with Alivia they came every other day for 2 weeks to weigh her! i never really wanted one either but this time around it just feels right!

    ReplyDelete