Jaxon is not going to preschool or Pre-preschool as Jordan calls it, which was not my initial plan even a year ago. Before becoming a mom, I always thought it's just the natural order of things that my children would go to preschool. Well 3 years went by way too fast first of all and I'm so not ready to send my baby off to school, I'm not worried about my children not getting along with other children or not being socialized as we have many wonderful friends who we get to see quite often!
Over a year ago I started to teach Jaxon the alphabet and recognize letters and do activities based on the letter, I think we got to the letter G, then I was too sick and exhausted from being pregnant not much happened after that. Jaxon is of course another year older and more than eager to learn, so I am starting again and we're going to work through the alphabet and learn the letters and what they look like, I also found these awesome worksheets to teach him how to start printing you can find them at kidslearning station.com. I let him use a real pen and he thinks it's just the greatest thing ever.
Here's his first worksheet of the letter A.
| He did all except the first capital A by himself and he did the second & third lowercase a by himself. |
I also found this site where you can put it any word you like and it will make it traceable, so I made one for Jaxon's name too, which he absolutely loves as it belongs to him!
We started with A, for Apple and did these activities this past week.
Apple printing, simple fun painting using and apple cut in half, when it was dried I drew on some brown stems.
We also made a family apple tree. We traced everyone's hands and cut them out of green paper and glued them to a tree trunk. We then used our fingerprints to make apples on our tree.
Of course our week on apples wouldn't be complete without baking something... mmmm apple muffins!
We finished off A week with a special trip to the Apple Barn in Abbotsford! It was a super fun morning, the kids and I spent 2.5 hours there- going on a hay ride, visiting the petting zoo, jumping in the bouncy castle and bouncing on the giant 'pillow', we also went through the corn maze, shared an apple cider slushie- SO yummy, and of course picked our own apples! Mater was also there, and trikes and tractors to ride around on, they also have a pumpkin patch and pony rides on the weekends.
| On the hay ride!! |
| The baby goats loved Alivia and kept trying to eat her sweater |
| Jaxon and Mater- so cool! |
![]() |
| The bouncy barn |
| in the corn maze |
![]() |
| apple cider slushie |
![]() |
| cutest little pumpkin! |
| My 3 musketeers with our bag of apples! |
Unrelated to the letter A- I also made this little game to help him with his colours and to recognize numbers, it is also great for littler ones for fine motor as pinching the clothespins can be quite challenging.








No comments:
Post a Comment