Aside from the structured 'learning' and activities I've started with the kids (which has been keeping us very busy) life has been quite simple. Getting out for bike rides, working on the yard (still) and trying to keep up with housework, cleaning and laundry.
We went to the beach with Oma 2 weeks ago which I already posted about for B week, but wanted to put most of the pictures here as they don't all relate to our learning. So we of course played on the playground, and in the water and the sand, another fun but tiring day!
 |
| Chasing the birds |
 |
| This girl just cracks me up! |
A while back we were talking about names with Jaxon, how everyone has a first middle and last name. We asked him if he knew what his middle name was, he didn't remember so we said he was named after Opa, he then very confidently said 'Jaxon Opa Dykman'!
 |
| At superstore pretending to be spider man |
We went to Williams Park with our friends again, I told Jaxon that morning where we were going, everytime we go there he always asks if William is going to be there (it's called William's park so it must be at William's house). Tired of saying it's not at William's house I explained the park was named after a man called William but he's dead now, every time I now talk about William's park Jaxon chimes in 'but William's dead'. While at the park Jaxon looked up into the huge maple trees and said that tree has an owie, looking up to see what he was talking about there was a small spot of red leaves amongst all the green ones.
Of course we had great fun with our friends- even though it was a bit chilly, and we got a picture of the little dudes at 6 months old!
I'm so enjoying watching my children grow and their relationships with each other forming, I love seeing them play together and giggle with each other. They seem to be growing too quickly and some days I wish I could just pause for a moment to take it all in- other days of course I wish I could press fast forward and just make it to bedtime! But here's some picture's from our everyday lives... (only the good parts of course)
 |
Hudson's first mum mum, he's a food lover- eats avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes and pears.
He likes everything even from the first try! |
 |
| Daddy and Jaxon were lying down reading together and Alivia had to do the same |
 |
| All my beautiful babies |
 |
| Hudson getting so good at sitting |
 |
| The kids love playing with Daddy when he comes home from work |
 |
Love when they get along so well
|
This was an exciting week as Jaxon had his first Learn to Skate class, it is on Saturday purposefully so Daddy can take him. He had a bit of a rough go having a hard time standing but was a trooper and said he's excited to go again!
Alivia and I also had our first parent and tot swimming together (it is also on Saturday before Jaxon's skating), it is super fun to have this special time with her and she is just a little fish, splashing, and giggling and jumping off the side like a pro!
We got out to Strongstart one day last week and had a fun morning with Oma earlier in the week too!
If you want a good chuckle just ask Alivia a question where she gets a choice, her answer is priceless... in the morning I ask her what she wants for breakfast, she says "How 'bout..." but thats all, she doesn't give an answer, just "how 'bout".
 |
| Alivia wearing her bib as a cape while emptying out the dishwasher! |
Well that's all the disjointed thoughts and last couple weeks around here... Thanks for reading!
Jaxon Opa Dykman!! Haha!
ReplyDeleteAnd "but William is dead" are so hilarious!!! Love it.
I told my dad about jaxon saying that about the tree. That was so sweet!
Sounds like a super time you're having!! Keep up the great work :)