This was a super cheap and super easy activity that both kids love! Taking a pool noodle and cutting it in half you now have the perfect size race track for marbles, Alivia loves to say 'READY' as she lets her marble go, they don't really race them but just love the act of letting the marble go down the 'track' and zoom across the floor. We got 2 noodles as they were 2 for $3 at Walmart and didn't cut one in half, Jaxon actually likes to use that one and drop his marble down then wait for it to surprise him at the end- either way he keeps asking to play the marble game!


I found this experiment I wanted to do with the kids called elephant toothpaste. After trying to find one ingredient (6% hydrogen peroxide- most stores only sell 3%) at way too many stores I ended up coming across it accidentally at the dollar store (of course). We were finally able to try it out! The first time we used a 2 litre pop bottle and it did work but not much 'toothpaste' came out of the top so we decided to use a smaller bottle. The first time we did it Alivia was VERY unsure and started crying, Jaxon loved every minute of it grinning from ear to ear and wanting to do it over and over again. If you want to make your own elephant toothpaste you can find the instructions
here.
 |
| You can see Jaxon's grin and Alivia's worried look |
 |
| Using the smaller bottle |
We love bubbles, especially Alivia! I always have some kind of bubble container around and even mini bubbles for inside. I splurged a little bit for this bubble machine as it cost $15 and probably will only last one summer (if that) but I think it was worth it as it will save me from blowing bubbles until I'm blue in the face and let me enjoy it more with the kids and capture more memories on camera!
Here's our first time using it...
 |
| Nifty little machine |
 |
| LOADS of endless bubbles |
No comments:
Post a Comment