Monday, June 18, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I thought once we had moved into our own place a sense of normalcy would soon settle in and things would settle down and not feel so busy, and there would be more time for relaxing. I obviously didn't take into account the fact that I have 3 young children and no matter what I think a day will be like or no matter how hard I try to make something go a certain way there will always be surprises! 
Things are still SUPER busy especially this last week, Jordan bought a new 'toy', like a bob cat but technically it's called a skid steer, so he was at the bank and meeting the seller and bringing it home. 
Jordan and his shadow checking things out

Daddy and his new toy

This girl LOVES the mud

A rare moment of down time- I think they were watching movies of fast cars!

Only a few boxes left to unpack, but still alot of organizing to do. I put up lots of pictures on my walls this week, It really makes it feel like home!
This past week I had to take Hudson for his 2 month shots (only a month behind) and he did super well, crying when they stuck him with the needle but after I nursed him and he calmed down. He slept lots and didn't get fussy either- just an easy going little guy!

Alivia loves to 'play' with him

First time in the bumbo

My friend Caszie came over on Wednesday with her niece who is about 8 months old, Jaxon loved her and thought it was so fun but would ask why she couldn't walk or talk.
My younger brother had his birthday on Thursday, we had him over for dinner (as my parents had left for 4 days) and Jaxon and I baked him a cake.
Friday we had our friends over to our new house for the first time- 11 kids (and counting)! It's always SO nice to be able to have some adult interactions while the kids also have friends to play with. Conrad and Cori were out on Friday as Conrad graduated from UFV, we all had dinner together and it was nice to see them and catch up.
Jaxon and I had a great conversation about God this week. I had some cream I was putting on Hudson as he can get quite dry skin, Jaxon asked what I was doing so I told him. He the asked where I got the cream from, I said from the store. Then he asked if God made the cream, I said no people made the cream but God made the people. Then he asked if God made the animals, and I said Yes, and if God made the plants and I said Yes. I said God made you too, then he listed everyone in our family and asked if God made them- Yes. He then asked where God lives, I said in heaven and he said Ya just like in my book (bible). It was quite funny how we got from cream to where God lives.
Alivia has been working on 6 new teeth these past few weeks, breaking through 2 molars, another 2 teeth at the front and 2 more molars on the bottom- it's been trying for everyone as she really seems to struggle with it and seems perpetually fussy!
Into another week already and longing for some sunshine to get outside and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment