Saturday, March 10, 2012

Belly Cast

On Monday Jordan and I had a fun night once the kids were in bed, don't worry this is safe to read... we cast my 38 week pregnant belly! It's something I thought about doing with my other pregnancies but it just never happened, this time around I made sure it would as we're undecided on whether there will be any more little Dykman's in our future!
It was a pretty easy/ simple process and other than almost fainting at the end (from standing too long) it was a fun time to spend with my hubby- especially since he's been so busy with the van lately.
I'm going to paint it white and once baby comes hopefully put his/ her footprints on the outside (where they are always shoved up into my ribs). I'm so happy with how it turned out and it's super fun to see my belly from such a different angle as I only see it from looking down or in pictures. It will also be a cool reminder in the future of how I looked when pregnant.
I will make sure to post more pictures once it's all complete, but wanted to share this for now!



2 comments:

  1. wow! what a cool, fun idea! Your first sentence made me laugh, though!
    It turned out so super cool! I can't wait to see it all finished up. I'm sure it will look great!

    I hope you're doing okay. I keep hoping and praying and waiting and am REALLY hoping your wee one comes soon. But I'm glad he or she waited long enough for you and Jordan to have this special night together :)
    How's the van coming alone btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle!
    Doing okay, on day 2 of false labour, having 2-4 quite painful contractions every hour, then having them 5 minutes apart for an hour and just about to phone the midwife then they disappear! I'm feeling pretty exhausted already and just want this part to be over now!
    The van is hopefully going to be on the road tomorrow! Jordan actually just got it running today, so it is VERY exciting, thanks for asking!
    Hope you and your family of 6 are doing well, can't wait to meet Thomas!

    ReplyDelete