Well after 4 days of crazy throw everything into a box packing and moving out, we have now been staying with my parents since Sunday afternoon. The kids have adjusted well to their new environment- even bedtime was not a challenge which I thought it would be, and it hasn't disrupted life too much, trying to keep up with our routine and schedule as much as possible. I think it will be more of an adjustment moving into our new house and probably the hardest on me as my mom is around to help with the kids.
Playing outside at Oma and Opa's
Bill and Grace have been at our old place this whole week, painting ceilings and cleaning top to bottom, making it look a lot nicer so they can try to get some money out of it. Jordan was there at the beginning of the week to help out too.
Hudson is already 2 weeks old as of Wednesday and now weighs 9lbs. 9oz.! My midwives are super happy with how well he is feeding and growing as we struggled in the beginning with Alivia and even had to go to the hospital. He's very alert when he's awake and will give some big smiles- he's a very content and mellow baby still and hopefully will stay that way! Here's some pictures of my sweet baby...
Alivia's turned into a little ham more and more, she loves to make people laugh, pulling funny faces and making funny sounds. She really tries to copy what she hears people saying, her clearest word is probably kitty, for Jaxon she says 'jaja' sometimes sounds more like 'dada', for Oma she says 'ma', Rob she says 'Bob', Any cup or drink is a 'Bubba'. It's definitely fun to hear her attempts at new words and sounds, she babbles and talks all day long in her own language- I would love to know what she is trying to say!
Checking on her baby brother
Jaxon has easy days and hard days, he seems to be struggling the most with Hudson's arrival and has regressed to a 15 month old at times. As I said Alivia is quite funny these days and gets alot of laughs, Jaxon has obviously picked up on this and will then mimic her, most of the time he is copying her babbling and just making silly noises. Sometimes though he will copy her behaviours which is so frustrating because we've already been through it with him. I know it's just a phase and I need to have extra patience in those moments. At other times he seems so grown up and is very concerned about Hudson and Alivia, he will put Hudson's blanket on if he thinks he's cold, and get me diapers when I change him, he helps Alivia up if she falls down and tries to help put her shoes on. I need to find a balance and make sure each child feels like they get as much attention as the others- this I know will be a daily challenge.
Hudson with Grandpapa and Grandmama (Great Grandparents)
That being said we're getting ready spoil Jaxon as we celebrate his birthday today and then my birthday on Saturday.



Oh Angela!
ReplyDeleteHudson is So adorable! Great job getting his smile! Wow, Tommy is a week older and I've only seen a few gassy smiles. Although he does this really funny noise that sounds kinda like a sheep and it's really cute and funny.
Looks like things are going okay for you. I'm really missing you a lot. Thanks for this update. Can't wait see you! Happy birthday to jaxon! I hope you had a fantastic day!! And to you, my friend! I'm so thankful for many years of friendship! Happy birthday!!