It all started with alot of false labour, having 3 or 4 contractions every hour on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. By dinner time my contractions then were 5 minutes apart and would last about an hour, just as I was getting ready to phone the midwife they would stop. Tuesday came around and I had nothing, which was quite nice as I had 4 days of thinking is this it now? Wednesday morning I got up with the kids and had breakfast, thinking my water may have broke I phoned the midwife, I had no contractions though so she was not concerned. 8 am roles around (just 10 minutes after I phoned her) and I have strong contractions that are lasting about 45 seconds are are only 3 minutes apart. Thinking I should wait an hour to see if it lasts and is actually the real deal I changed my mind quite quickly as it was so painful and so close together. Phoning Jordan at 8:30 to come home from work, phoning my mom after that to come pick up the kids and phoning the midwife at 8:45. What happened in the next hour and 15 minutes is basically a blur, Jordan came home, mom came to get the kids, the midwife arrived and was setting up for the birth, then the second midwife arrived. My labour progressed VERY quickly and Hudson made his appearance at exactly 10am after only 2 hours of labour!
It was wonderful to be at home, and be able to relax and enjoy our new baby in our own comfortable bed! After a couple hours my mom brought the kids back home to meet their new brother, Jaxon was over the moon and couldn't stop smiling, Alivia was asleep and didn't meet him until a little later.
Jaxon meeting Hudson, he can't stop smiling
One of the first things Jaxon asked was for me to put Hudson on the floor, I asked him why and he said 'so he can walk'! We then had to explain that it will be awhile before he can walk, or do anything for that matter. He loves to hold him though and talk to him when he's awake, he's so sweet and helps me when I change his diaper, he of course also had to help when we gave Hudson his first bath.
When Alivia woke up from her nap she just wanted to cuddle with me but I was nursing Hudson and she is too young to realize what he is or that she can't just sit on him. She then was quite curious and kept trying to poke his eyes. If he cries both kids run over to check on him and Jaxon lets me know he needs milk, Alivia has now stopped poking at him and instead rubs his little head, she is so sweet with him and makes the cutest little noises while looking at him or pointing to him.
The day after Hudson was born Jordan and Jaxon went to the co-op to buy a few groceries we needed, when they came home Jaxon told me they bought a cake for Hudson because it was his birthday, thought it was so sweet- then Jordan told me that it was completely Jaxon's idea, he saw the cakes and asked to buy one for Hudson so Jordan let him pick one out- that melted my heart, such a thoughtful boy for 3 years old!

Hudson is a mellow baby so far still sleeping lots only waking to nurse and has a little period in the afternoon where he's very alert, it's wonderful to have these newborn snuggles again. We're enjoying getting to know him and everyone is settling into their new roles in our family of 5!
We're so thankful he's here and he's healthy.

Cousin Mya holding Hudson
Grandma with her boys!
Always checking on him
Will post more pictures soon, have to get ones from my mom's camera still.


Awww... Congratulations, Angela! He is so perfect! And big!! I'm SO glad everything went so well for you and I'm glad that it went so fast after taking so long to finally happen! I can just imagine how nice it would have been to rest in your own bed!! That was one thing I kept thinking about after I had Thomas ;) I'm glad you got the home birth you wanted and that all went so well.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world Hudson!!!
And that is so sweet about Jaxon! I love his little heart thinking to buy his brother a cake! Adorable :)