I've been busy crocheting many new projects over the last few weeks and have yet to blog about it or show them off! I'm now trying to play catch up before baby arrives and want to try and add all my recent projects I've finished. So here is my first one...
Here is the blog with the pattern for these boots: http://imtopsyturvy.com/crochet-wrap-button-infant-boots-girls-boys/
I first started to make these in a teeny tiny size to fit my new little coming along... after I tried one and it looked nothing like the picture I tried to make the bigger size to fit Alivia (who is 14 months). The sole was so wonky and was very twisted, I only made one on her size and ended up undoing the while thing. SO I went back to the infant size (as it was not as time consuming) and after doing one it actually looked relatively like the picture. I went to make the other foot (can't remember now which one i did first) and noticed from the pictures with the instructions that on one boot the scallops around the top face inward and on the other boot they face outward. I don't usually think of myself as a perfectionist but this little 'flaw' drove me crazy. In the end I figured out how to get the scallops to look the same on each boot... my big downfall was that i made no notes on how I did this and for the life of me can't remember as I tried about 6 or 7 times doing it and undoing it. Needless to say I love these little booties, but for all the headache is caused I will NOT attempt them again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment