Jaxon has suddenly started the 'WHY' phase. It happened overnight, one day he never asked why the next day (and all that have followed) he asks why to absolutely ANYTHING you say. I try to have fun with it and give him 'good' answers even when there really isn't any kind of answer but some days I hear those words coming from my mouth- "Because I said so..." and I cringe, one of those things you swear you'll never say/ do when you have kids.
He also has suddenly (it seems like overnight) started counting in order from 1- 11 (yes 11 not 10) without missing any numbers. Not only that but he loves to count everything and does a pretty good job with giving each object it's own number- I know sometimes kids will point to 2 or 3 things while counting only 1 number. So these were pretty exciting milestones for me I felt very proud of him!
Jaxon went to the dentist for the first time on Tuesday... and he LOVED it! I got my teeth cleaned before him so he could watch and see what was going to happen, I was so nervous as to how it would work out but he got to colour and play with toys and ask a million times if it was his turn yet he also sat on my lap for part of it to see what was going on. Once it was his turn he was in that chair with his mouth open before the hygienist was even ready to start. He got to hold the little suction thing to clean out his mouth and wear cool sunglasses, after wards he got a new toothbrush and toothpaste and a new bouncy ball- he was SO excited!
Alivia hasn't been up to too much other than her usual climbing, dancing and just being plain cute! The other day though she was sitting 'reading a book' she was flipping through the pages babbling to herself and it totally seemed like she was trying to read. Here are some cute pictures of my monkey though!
Walking around after her nap, she put the blanket on her head!
Being the cutest model ever
Her new feat- climbing onto the train table
Definitely feeling ready for this baby! I have never felt so sore or uncomfortable in my other pregnancies as I do this time around. Having some mild painful contractions every once in awhile, so my body is getting ready for the real deal. Jaxon asked me the other day to make the baby come out, I told him it's not up to me but it will come when it's ready- I just figure it's waiting until Daddy has the van fixed (which is so close now). I am now past 37 weeks so when baby comes we will be having a home birth, now that it's a reality I'm super nervous about the whole idea, but I know it is what I really want and will all work out in the end.
Here is my lovely family (Jordan's idea to TRY and take a family picture once a month and watch how everyone grows)
Alivia is 14 months, Jaxon is 2 (3 at the end of March), Jordan is 23, Angela is 37.5 weeks pregnant and 24 (25 at the end of March)






Hi :)
ReplyDeleteI just wrote a big long comment and now it's gone. So here it is point form:
- I didnt know you were sick! That's crummy! Glad you're feeling better. I hope Alivia's teeth come through quickly and that teething won't be something you'll have to deal with after you have a newborn
- the why stage! Hahah! Oh man. Pretty sure you can't NOT go through that without saying "just because" or "because I said so"! I try not to as well and there are many questions I just have to answer with "I dont know"
- awesome job at te dentist, Jaxon!! I'm so glad that was such a breeze for you! Awesome!
- alivia is just way too cute. Her and Jaxon and you (haha couldn't resist!) have all grown and I miss you all!
- super great idea about the family photos! Love it
- and yay for making it to 37 weeks!! I'm so glad!
That being said they can come tonight thank you very much!! :P can't wait to hear your news!! And I hope your pain and discomfort settles a couple notches. Or that your baby comes pronto. Thinking of you!
Talk to you soon
Michelle
Thanks for all your thoughts and comments, they're always so appreciated!
ReplyDelete